Tell your healthcare professional about all of the medicines you are taking, before starting and while you are using
• barbiturates (for example phenobarbitol)
• bosentan (Tracleer®)
• carbamazepine (Tegretol® is one brand of this drug)
• phenybutazone (Butazolidin®)
• drugs used to treat HIV or AIDS
• phenytoin (Dilantin® is one brand of this drug)
• topiramate (TOPAMAX®)
• St. John's Wort (a herbal supplement)
These medicines/herbal supplements may make your contraceptive less effective and you may need to use a barrier contraceptive when you take these drugs or products.
Also, tell your healthcare professional if you take lamotrigine (LAMICTAL®), an anticonvulsant used for epilepsy. This may increase the risk of seizures so your healthcare professional may need to adjust the dose
Ask your healthcare provider if you are not sure if any of your medicines are listed above.